Heather Smith Photography's Fan Box

Thursday, August 11

29 Weeks

I stay behind the camera for a reason. I do not like pictures of myself. I'm very awkward in front of the camera. It's summer so it's hot and humid. Take those three things and add on the fact that I feel quite large and uncomfortable at 29 weeks pregnant and well, it's kind of a recipe for disaster.

After losing a baby last November, I couldn't wait to become pregnant again. My husband and I felt the need to have another child in our family, so basically, because we know life is so unpredictable and we don't know what hand we'll be dealt, I need to love myself and enjoy this pregnancy, no matter how uncomfortable I am physically or in front of the camera. God promised that if we gave our hearts and lives to him that he would be there for us through it all. He never promised that our life on Earth would be easy. So I'm celebrating my life right now, in this moment. My very patient husband, son and I went yesterday evening to do some maternity pictures. It's very difficult trying to be your own photographer, but I really enjoy doing my own editing, to my own taste and I must admit, of the ones we got, I'm very pleased with them. Sure I would have liked to mix it up a bit and been more creative, but you can't get funky with different angles and ideas, without seeing it through the lens, at least that's how it is for me!! Although my husband is not a photographer by any means, I think he did a fantastic job doing my individual shots!! Thanks babe. <3

So, here are some images I wanted to share with you of my family. Landon is getting ready to start Pre School in only 2 weeks, so of course I had to get a few "back to school" shots with him :) And I just happened to get a great shot of my husband (which, like me, does not like being in front of the camera) too, so I had to post it as well!!






29 weeks






Maternity_015 copy






Maternity_02 b&w copy






Maternity_01 copy






Maternity_07






Maternity_012 copy






Maternity_016 copy






Maternity_014 copy






Maternity_03 copy






Maternity_09 copy






back to school 1






back to school 2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
     
    Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop, 7/09